Intelligence testing, or a cognitive assessment, offers valuable insight into a child’s abilities and academic potential
What can we learn from intelligence testing?
- child’s ability to solve problems
- his ability to express ideas
- her skill in synthesizing information
Many parents want to have a better understanding of their child’s strengths and weaknesses. With a clear picture of a child’s ability, parents can make informed decisions and ensure success. Parents can also use this information to look at options for either enrichment or support. Some examples of established measures include the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children-5th Edition (WISC-V) and Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence-4th Edition (WPPSI-IV).
Reasons to pursue IQ testing:
- admission to advanced academic programs / gifted and talented programs
- applying to private schools, or admissions testing
- applying for enrichment programs for summer / online learning
- finding the right private school to match the child’s skill level
Dr. Ralph takes great care to provide a comfortable and positive experience for your child. By paying attention to all the factors that can affect performance, you can get the most accurate picture of your child’s intellectual potential.